Thursday, February 04, 2010

Olympic Fever

It's a beautiful sunny 56 degrees here in the 'burbs of Vancouver and the Olympics are 8 days away. We just experienced the warmest January on record. Go figure, it would be the year we're hosting the Olympics. The relay torch is on it's way and on Monday, it's going to be about 4 blocks from my house! Guess whose walking down to watch it! Anyway, I'm getting very inspired so I scrapped a couple pages in honour of the Olympics. When they're over, I'm going to do more and make a little momento book of the Olympic experience here in Vancouver – the highlights and the low-lights! Here's a link if anyone is interested in seeing what's going on or keeping up-to-date Vancouver 2010 Olympics.

Here's a couple pages I've scrapped of the relay:


and this one:



Right now I'm in the middle of another scrap contest. It's at Go Digital Scrapbooking where I've been a Supreme Team member for the last four months. You have to re-apply each time, so I've just finished my first page for the first week. It's a 4-week contest, so it will be a while before the final 12 are picked.

We're given a specific kit to use and we can use no outside elements or templates – it's all or nothing! This is the first kit from Tricia Curtis – Sew Chic available at GDS:



and here is the page I created for Week 1:



I've also scrapped another couple of pages from a truly fun kit from Verena Designs which you can get here at Go Digital Scrapbooking or here at  Digital Scrapbook Art:



Here are a couple pages I made from this kit:




and

No comments:

Post a Comment