Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Happy New Year, $2 Tuesday, Winter Sale and New Releases coming!

First off, after a little break for the Christmas holidays, it's time to get back into designing and getting some kits and layouts done!

This past Christmas, I finally did what I've been meaning to do for years and that was create some books for my family of all the layouts I've been doing - for over 10 years!

I started gathering layouts into a folder and went to Shutterfly to start uploading and creating my books. I created one for my son and one for my brother and sister-in-law who were out from Manitoba (a province in Canada - 4 over from British Columbia - so very far away!) for Christmas. It was probably close to 10 years since we've been together for the holidays, so I wanted to make it special.

So those two books were easy enough, I added the pages and uploaded the layouts and poof, they were ready to go. Then came my daughter's book. Well, she's the one who gave me my first grandchild and she is very camera happy! I also have a step-grandson, so I always have a lot of pics to scrap of them. So there came the problem . . . I had SO MANY layouts of them, and I kept adding page after page after page to the photobook. By the time I was done, I had uploaded close to 100 layouts! And I had more I wanted to print, but had to have a little talk with myself - LOL! And, I worried how big and heavy the book was going to be, so I stopped. Get out the credit card - it was twice as expensive as what I'd planned on, but well worth it in the end to see the smiles and tears (joyful) from all. It reminded me of why I started doing this in the first place.

All three books came very quickly and I was super pleased with how they turned out. Then Christmas came and when they were opened, the room went silent, tears were shed and presents weren't being opened anymore. They were a BIG hit! Even my son-in-law was impressed and said he didn't realize exactly what I did as my "second" job - now he knows!

I hope for you all that your holidays were wonderful and I wish you all nothing but joy, happiness and success for 2019! All the very best from my family to yours.


NOW TIME FOR SOME FUN!


It's $2 Tuesday at The Studio. Here's just a sampling of what I have available today for only $2! 

https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/promotions-en/2-tuesday-3/?features_hash=13-33



And a fresh new year brings on fresh new challenges.


Have you been partaking in the Calendar Challenge at The Studio?

I'm hosting and each month we create a calendar page that will be part of a 12-month calendar you can start using now! Here's this month's - we're working 3 months in advance. And . . . collect Challenge points for each one you participate in for a chance to pick up some Mega Kits created by all the designers!

CHALLENGE:



And there's always great challenges over at GDS, between the Progressive Scrap and the Mystery Box Scrap, I keep busy hosting those also. We've got a few more ideas up our sleeve for the new year too, so make sure you stay tuned!

With each challenge you participate in, there's always a freebie mini you collect and by the end of the month, you'll have a beautiful new kit created by the GDS designers.

Here's this month's Posting Bonus kit along with the minis I'm presenting for this month's challenges.






And the last point for a rather lengthy first post of 2019 . . . Watch for the Daily Download at GDS. My spot is coming up again soon, and here's a little sneak peak of what you're in for.

There will be other parts available to pick up too - all specially priced, so make sure you stay tuned in!

A layout created with all the goodies that will be associated with my Daily Download by my oh-so-talented CT member Christelle!


Happy Scrapping and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment